Do you ever find yourself in need of a boost? Music is one of the best ways to achieve an instant mood-boosting effect. While some tunes can bring out sadness or nostalgia, others can help you feel energized and inspired. We prefer the latter.
Fortunately, there are plenty of songs out there that are sure to make you feel happy. We followed a thread on Reddit to find the top-rated songs for happiness. Have you got one to add? Let us know your favorites!
Top Favorite Songs
From upbeat dance hits to inspiring ballads, here are some of the best songs and artists that will fill your heart with joy and put a smile on your face:
1. Earth, Wind & Fire “September”— This one will make you want to get up and dance. Plus, it’s sure to inspire you with its positive vibes.
2. “Sultans of Swing” by the British rock band Dire Straits— A classic from the ’70s, this song will lift your spirits and put a smile on your face.
3. Fleetwood Mac’s “Little Lies”— This bouncy tune will take you back to the 80s and have you singing along in no time.
4. “Good Vibrations” by The Beach Boys— One of the greatest songs from the ’60s rock era, this one is sure to make you feel happy and energized.
5. Jim Croce’s “Time in a Bottle”— This lovely ballad is sure to bring a few tears to your eyes, but its message of living for today will leave you feeling inspired.
6. Backstreet Boys “I Want it That Way”— This classic pop song will put you in an instant good mood with its catchy chorus and upbeat tempo.
7. My Chemical Romance’s “Welcome to the Black Parade”— A song about a man’s final reflections on life and his fondest memory of attending a marching band parade with his father during childhood.
8. Any of Vulfpeck’s songs, such as “Back Pocket”— This song will surely get your body moving with its smooth grooves and funky bass line. Commenters agree that pretty much “all” of their music is quality.
9. Any of Thundercat’s songs, such as “Miguel’s Happy Dance”— This upbeat song will make you smile with its playful lyrics and funky bass line.
10. Caamp’s “Ohio”— With its upbeat tempo and beautiful guitar riff, this nostalgic song will make you feel like taking a trip back to your old town.
11. Tyler Childers’ “Peace of Mind”— This uplifting song has a great country vibe and is sure to put you in a good mood.
12. Monster Magnet “Space Lord”— This ’90s hard rock jam is sure to fill you with a rush of energy and get you pumped up.
13. Paramore’s “Rose-Colored Boy” encapsulates the feeling of being pushed by society to view the world through rose-tinted lenses when, in reality, you are filled with despair and have little hope for yourself or our planet.
14. Electric Light Orchestra’s “Mr. Blue Sky”— This classic is sure to bring a smile to your face. From the opening notes, this song will put you in a good mood and make you feel like anything is possible.
15. “Diggy Diggy Hole” The Yogscast— This upbeat and catchy tune is sure to have you singing along in no time. The graphics are quite amusing, at the very least!
You may have heard these classics many times before, but we will remind you again to save for the times you need a pick-me-up!
1. “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey— This is one of the most inspiring songs out there. Listening to it will make you feel like anything is possible.
2. “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina & The Waves— Get ready for a burst of energy when this song comes on! Its upbeat tempo will have you feeling cheerful in no time.
3. The Beatles’ “Here Comes the Sun”— A timeless classic that captures the feeling of summertime and renewal, this one will help you feel calm and peaceful.
4. “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin— The ultimate feel-good track, this classic has been making the rounds for many years now and will undoubtedly bring a smile to your face.
5. Ain’t no Mountain High Enough— Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell’s duet is sure to put you in an uplifted mood and make you feel like nothing can stop you.
6. ABBA’s “Dancing Queen— This classic ’70s pop song will have you singing and dancing along to the beat. Its fun and cheerful vibe will make you feel like a million bucks.
No matter how you’re feeling, some of these top-rated songs will surely give you the boost of happiness you need. So go ahead— put on your favorite tune and let it lift your spirits! You deserve it!
Have you got one to add? Let us know your favorites!
This article, 21 Top Rated Songs That Make You Happy, was produced and syndicated by TPR Teaching. Source: Reddit. Image of Fleetwood Mac: Randy Miramontez// Shutterstock
More Articles By TPR Teaching
- Best Selection of Funny Jokes That Even Grandpa Would Enjoy
- 50 Classic Movie Quotes That Are Still Used in English Today
I'm an Irish tutor and founder of TPR Teaching. I started teaching in 2016 and have since taught in the UK, Spain, and online.
I love learning new things about the English language and how to teach it better. I'm always trying to improve my knowledge, so I can better meet the needs of others!
I enjoy traveling, nature walks, and soaking up a new culture. Please share the posts if you find them helpful!