Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links, meaning that when you make a purchase, I earn a small commission. Affiliate links cost you nothing to use and help keep my content free. It is a win-win for us both! For more info, see the Disclosure Policy.
The Cambly tutor referral code allows you to join the Cambly community of tutors and teach students from all around the world. It also gives me credit for referring you as a teacher, and I really appreciate the support!
How to Use The Tutor Referral Code
Becoming a tutor on Cambly is easy– simply follow the steps below:
1. Click my Cambly Tutor Referral code: https://www.cambly.com/invite/CAITRION13?st=020623&sc=4. With this referral code, you will also be able to sign up for Cambly and Cambly Kids.
2. Click “Get Started” and sign up for an account: You can sign up with your email, Facebook, Apple or Google account.
3. Fill out the profile and information page: Add your basic information, a profile picture (make sure to smile, for heaven’s sake!), a short introduction, teaching style, work experience and education, teaching certificate (optional), and the reason why you want to teach on Cambly.
4. Add a video introduction: Record a short video telling students why you would like to tutor on Cambly. This is so important; make it at least one minute long!
5. Take the connection test: Cambly will make sure your internet connection is suitable for teaching.
6. Wait for confirmation: The team at Cambly will review your profile and application and inform you within as little as 48 hours whether you have passed the application process.
7. Start teaching! You can start interacting with students and teaching your classes immediately after approval.
Remember to qualify as a tutor on Cambly, you will need to:
- Have a good internet connection
- Use a computer (laptop or desktop) with a webcam
- Native English speaker with a passport from the US, Canada, Ireland, the UK, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand
- A good conversationalist
Resources to Help You
I hope to cover your queries and questions in the following articles. Check them out:
- Cambly Kids Signup Process
- Cambly Application Process and Introduction Video Help
- Cambly Review and Requirements
- Cambly Rejection: Reasons Why and How to Fix
I recommend getting a headset when teaching online! This is totally optional but absolutely worth it:
You do not need a teaching certificate to teach the English language, but if you want to give your students a good impression and learn the basics about teaching a language that is not your own, I recommend taking a TEFL course.
The certification will also appear on your profile to show that you are certified, and it doesn’t expire, meaning you can have it for any other online teaching job you decide to take in the future! Here are some cheap TEFL courses to teach at Cambly.
We hope this has helped guide you through the process of becoming a tutor on Cambly. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to contact me. Update me with your progress if you wish. Good luck, and thank you for using my referral code!
Online Teacher Toolkit
Be IN The Know
Get the latest jobs, news, and opportunities delivered directly to your inbox by joining my exclusive community. Grab my teacher planner, teacher checklist and tips now. Sign up here.
Start your teaching journey and get certified now. Watch my YouTube video about how I got started, or read about my experience here: The TEFL Academy review.
START Your First Teaching JOb
Highest-Paying Online Teaching Jobs
ACCEPT PAYMENTS ONLINE and Save money
I'm an Irish tutor and founder of TPR Teaching. I started teaching in 2016 and have since taught in the UK, Spain, and online.
I love learning new things about the English language and how to teach it better. I'm always trying to improve my knowledge, so I can better meet the needs of others!
I enjoy traveling, nature walks, and soaking up a new culture. Please share the posts if you find them helpful!