Read our Native Camp review to learn more about the company and decide if it’s the right teaching job for you. New teachers will receive a $45 bonus (Php 2200) when they’ve taught 100 lessons in their first two weeks.
Native Camp is a massively popular online educational ESL company based in Japan. Native English Camp currently operates in over 100 countries. They boast over 13k teachers and have a 500k student base in Japan.
Native Camp hires teachers from all over the world, and teachers can set a 24/7 schedule depending on their needs. Salary is based on work performance.
- At least 18 years old
- Native or non-native English speaker, popular with Filipino teachers
- Intermediate English level
- Experience in teaching (preferred)
Native Camp are not strict in their requirements. Teachers don’t need a degree nor a TEFL certificate. Native Camp hires many teachers based in the Philipines.
- Laptop or PC with Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- Headset with microphone
- Stable internet connection (minimum speed of 2Mbps upload and download)
Native Camp pays $2.50 to $8 per hour.
The pay seems to partly depend upon the star rating from students. There are also incentives for working a certain number of hours.
This salary is the equivalent of 20,000Php-60,000Php per month. Tutors are paid at P60 per 25 minutes and P55 per 25 minutes for a sudden slot.
Native Camp Reviews
Teachers had great things to say about Native Camp. Here is what they had to say:
- Lesson materials are provided by Native Camp.
- Very flexible 24/7 schedule
- Friendly students
- Good incentives
- Payment on time
Teachers are overall pleased to be working at Native Camp. It seems to be a great gig for Filipino teachers who want to work their own schedules. Teachers can earn more money from the comfort of their homes.
Teachers enjoy the classes and think that Native Camp is a great place to gain some experience.
The pay is very low and may not be feasible for teachers in countries with a higher living cost.
The application process can be completed very quickly online.
- Register and fill out your basic information
- Take the English Proficiency Test (40 questions)
- Do a system check
- Self-study the lesson materials
- Have a demo lesson online (25 minutes)
- Complete your profile details
- Start teaching
English Proficiency Test
The test has 40 questions and can be completed quickly. Score 70% to pass the English Proficiency Test.
The system check makes sure tutors can meet technical requirements.
You can have the system check whenever you want, but make sure your internet connection is good and you are teaching in a quiet place with a plain background. You should also be wearing your headset.
When you have passed the system check, you can proceed to the self-learning and demo lesson.
When you are ready for the demo lesson, go on standby and click “Demo Lesson.” Take your demo lesson at a convenient time that suits your schedule.
- Book a 24/7 schedule
- Teachers can close their time slots if they need to, so it’s very flexible.
- Payments are on the 15th of each month
- Payments are made via bank transfer BPI or PNB.
- Earn between 20,000 to 60,000 pesos per month depending on your working hours and the incentives
- Classes are 25-minutes
- Training, material, and online support are provided
- Teachers must complete feedback at the end of the lesson.
Native Camp’s lessons are scripted and don’t allow for teachers to expand the lesson. It’s best to stick as close as possible to the lesson plan and its objectives.
Even applicants with no experience can easily follow this process, as they have the guide books and answer keys readily available.
Watch this video to get an idea of what is expected of the teachers:
As independent contractors, teachers are responsible for paying their own taxes.
Get in touch with native camp by sending them an email email@example.com.
Native Camp Review Summary
Teachers enjoy working for Native Camp and a popular option among Filipino teachers and other non-native English teachers.
If you speak the English language and are motivated to work many hours, you could find it a suitable teaching option. Otherwise, check out our other online teaching options below.