This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see my disclaimer.
I don’t know about you, but it’s hard to keep everything organized as a teacher. I can’t really be the only one who struggles with this!
Being a minimalist by nature doesn’t really work when you have twenty props and ten student worksheets to prepare as an ESL teacher.
Rolling carts can be used by teachers so they don’t have to deal with a messy desk or at least stay somewhat organized. It is one way of carting or storing your equipment.
So, what are the best rolling carts for teachers?
Best Rolling Carts for Teachers
Let’s look at some of Amazon’s favorite rolling carts and see what benefits they can bring to our dedicated teachers.
These can be used by not just ESL teachers, but any teacher needs their own portable office!
This rolling bag is for teachers who might not have a huge amount to carry, but it is ideal for laptops, heavy textbooks, thick notebooks, and other bulky files.
There is a dedicated laptop compartment to separate your laptop and keep it safe from the rest of your things. It is possible to strap your laptop in for extra stability.
This rolling cart is suitable for laptops up to 15.6 inches so it can fit most laptops.
It can be rolled or carried, so teachers have the choice of both.
This is a great choice for teachers who have to move around a lot and need a place to put all of their books for their classes.
What Others Have to Say:
- The wheels are quiet when rolling.
- The bag is lightweight and of good quality.
- It’s small but actually has a roomy interior.
- Can fit more than one laptop
- Some users have reported having the rolling cart for years; however, not all have been that lucky.
- It doesn’t fit bigger, 17-inch laptops.
- Some users report wear and tear of the wheels over time.
- It doesn’t have a lot of padding in the interior.
- The arm pull bar also doesn’t have any padding
This cart is a super handler for your files, folders, arts, crafts, and whatever other teaching supplies you have. The cart itself has over 30 compartments and has pockets and zippers to keep everything secure.
This cart looks big but can be folded down to three inches flat for easy storage.
It is the perfect teacher tote for organization on the go.
This manufacturer’s items might be worth checking out, as their store’s main focus is Pre K-12 range items, from chairs and containers to outdoor play structures.
Dimensions: 17.5 x 15.75 x 16.5 inches; 10.5 Pounds.
What Others Have to Say about this Rolling Cart:
- Canvas cover organizer with lots of compartments
- Can hold big items, like laptops, lunch, purse, etc.
- Some heavy-users report a year of use, although not everyone is quite so lucky.
- Mixed reviews about the material’s sturdiness
- The pockets don’t stretch very wide
- Not as big as people imagined it to be
Bulky items are not an issue with this heavy-duty rolling cart. Teachers can load all kinds of supplies, from boxes to heavy books.
It can haul up to 80 pounds of teaching equipment and can fold right down to 3 inches thick when you need to store it.
This rolling cart is made from heavy-duty plastic and aluminimum.
This is great for transportation and storage in and out of the school building!
What the Reviews Have to Say:
- It’s is quick to assemble, and it’s lightweight
- Very compact and almost flat when folded,
- Useful for bulky or heavy items
- Mixed reviews about durability and quality
Teachers vouch for this cute rolling bag.
This bag is big enough for school supplies, at 8 x 14 x 20 inches. Teachers can use this bag for more than their books, with the neat pockets and design, it is also suitable for carry on, shopping or other purposes.
It also comes with a strap which can be used to carry it if needed.
What Others Have to Say
- Reviewers have said they can fit 6 thick textbooks along with a large binder.
- Smart and Professional-looking
- It seems sturdy and durable, some heavy-users reporting 2.5 years of use
- Side mesh pockets are good for storage umbrellas or water bottles
- The handle is a good height for the taller than average lady
- The weight of the handle makes it heavier than expected
- Not all versions of the bag have the push button on the handle so look closely at the pictures before choosing a bag to purchase
While this can’t be taken very far, it might be worthwhile to use it as a storage unit in the classroom or for wheeling to neighboring classrooms.
The storage unit can be purchased with six, eight, ten, or even fifteen drawers depending on preference. There are also many colors to choose from, not just the multi color drawers.
The translucent drawers could be useful for seeing inside each of the compartments at a glance. Others have suggested sticking labels to the drawers to help remember what’s inside.
The tall handles make it easy to maneuover and the two locking casters makes this an ideal mobile storage solution.
You can also just take out some of the drawers when you need them.
This is suitable for keeping all your props and little items that take up room in your classroom.
What Others Have to Say
- Easy to wheel around
- Easy to assemble, but you have to screw the bars tightly, or the drawers will become loose.
- Big enough drawers to sort and arrange many supplies
- Mixed reviews about the sturdiness and durability of the storage unit
- Some have reported that the unit was missing drawer pull knobs
As seen on TV! Another highly-rated Amazon rolling cart is this Smart Cart Moroccan Tiled Unit.
The bag can be easily transported and stored. It can be made to a compact size when folded.
It’s waterproof and it’s ready to take on the rain.
The handle has a grip, which allows you to pull the cart with greater comfort. It also has a huge weight capacity of 110lbs.
It has a handy pocket in the front for storage.
What Others Have to Say
- This product was featured on Shark Tank, which adds to the popularity of the item
- Folds up easily like the demo video
- Can hold a ridiculous amount of weight
- Some teachers have had their carts for years; however, not all the reviewers who are teachers have been this lucky
- Some reviewers have reported many years of use
- Mixed reviews about the sturdiness of the item
- Doesn’t have a strap to carry it
for signing up!
There are many different rolling carts and styles out there; the right one depends on the teacher’s preference and needs.
This article aimed to cover some of the best rolling carts for teachers, as evident from the countless 5-star reviews and ratings. However, there are many more designs to choose from on Amazon, so feel free to find one that is just right for you.
- Best Laptops for Teachers
- Things that Online Teachers Need
- Qualities of a Teacher
- Other Resources for Online Teachers
- How to Become an Online English Teacher