This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see my disclaimer.
Our Favorite Resources
ESL Teaching Certificate
- International Open Academy— a fully accredited ESL course that will qualify you to meet the Chinese government requirement of a 120-hour ESL certificate. It will take you a few hours to complete the course.
- The TEFL Academy— an in-depth course for teachers who want to teach English online or abroad. This course gives its teachers an internationally recognized level-5 qualification.
Improve your Grammar
- Grammarly— your own professional proofreader who instantly finds and correct your students’ grammar mistakes. It’s also great for resume writing. Download it for free.
- English in Use— all the questions you’ve ever had about the English language that you can’t understand or you’ve found difficult to answer… This book is for you!
Teach and Travel
- Express VPN— changes our location so we can find goods and services priced at a different currency and we can access social media regardless of where we live. This is the fastest VPN on the market.
Online Teaching Software
- Manycam— get your own digital props with Manycam. Manycam also provides a green screen function so you can change your classroom background. Download for free to try it out.
- Stars 2 Apples— digital props and rewards in an app.
Teach English Abroad Jobs
- ESL Starter— get the support you need to teach English abroad. ESL Starter helps teachers step-by-step to secure high-paying teaching job opportunities abroad.
Become a Teacher Entrepreneur
- The Teacher Entrepreneur Challenge— learn how to start your own online teaching business and charge over $100 per hour.
- Teacher e-Book— how to find your own students and charge what you are worth (free ebook).
Getting Paid Teaching Online
- Transferwise— send and receive foreign currency from abroad with your free Transferwise account. Get your first transfer free from fees when you sign up here.
- Payoneer— another way to send and receive money across the globe. Some teaching companies partner with Payoneer. Get your free account here.
Resources: Free Props
We can explain concepts to young learners by using props. Here are some props you can download for free and use them in your online classes.
How Do I Use the Props?
- Sign up for an online teaching company by using the links on our site
- Download the props and print them on card (slightly thick) paper
- (Optional): Cut them out in a square shape. Some are grouped in categories that you can cut out together (like the numbers)
- You can glue them to lollipop sticks or laminate them for easy storage
- Use the props when needed in the online classroom
The Props Pack Includes
- Transport and Countries
- Numbers and Shapes
- Seasons and Weather
- Reward Systems
- Common Questions and Instructions
Making Teaching EasyTPR Teaching
Remember – use props in combination with TPR (Total Physical Response). TPR can replace props because you can ‘act-it-out’. Read our article that shows how to use TPR in the online classroom.